What does it do?
This tool will sync assets between a Jamf Pro instance and a snipe-it instance. The tool searches for assets based of of the serial number, and not the existing asset tag. If assets exist in JAMF and are not in snipe, the tool will create an asset, and try to match it with the model information available in snipe. If it can't find an appropriate model, it will create one. You need to set the manufacturer_id for Apple devices in the settings.conf file.
When an asset is first created, it will fill out only the most basic information. When the asset alread exists in your Snipe Inventory, the tool will sync the information you specify in the settings.conf file and make sure that the asset_tag field in jamf matches the asset tag in snipe, where snipe's info is considered the authority. Lastly, if the asset_tag field is blank in Jamf Pro when it is being created, then the tool will look for a 4 or more digit number in the computer name. If it fails to find one, it will use JAMFID-<jamfid#> as the asset tag in snipe. This way, you can easily filter this out and run scripts against it to correct in the future.
What is Snipe-IT Asset Management
Easily see which assets are assigned, to whom, and their physical location. Check them back into inventory with one click, or click through to see the asset's complete history. Seeing what assets are currently deployed, pending (brand new awaiting software installs, out for repair), ready to deploy, or archived (lost/stolen, or broken) is quick and easy.
- Easily see which assets are assigned, to whom, and their physical location
- One-click checkin
- Asset Models let you group common features
- Require User Acceptance (End-User EULAs/Terms of Service) on Checkout
- Email alerts for expiring warrantees and licenses
- Integrates with most handheld barcode scanners and QR code reader apps
- Quick and easy asset auditing
- Add your own custom fields for additional asset attributes
- Easily import and export assets
- Generate QR code labels for easy mobile access and labels
- Assets marked as requestable can be requested by a user
- Assets retain full history including checkouts, checkins and maintenance
- Optional digital signatures on asset acceptance