Alectrona Patch is made by Mac Admins for Mac Admins
Simple, lightweight agent written in Swift. Painless software deployment.
- 160+ apps & growing
A tool to install or upgrade over 160 Mac applications without the need for any packaging
- Enhanced security & certificate validation
Validate code signatures of applications and packages on the fly prior to installation
- Deploying & updating apps is easy
Retain admin control over automated installation and updates, so you deploy only what you need
- User consent for updates
Ensure your users do not get interrupted
- Cloud-native, no server or package hosting required
Deploy the latest apps directly from the software vendor
- Seamless integration with Jamf Pro, Jamf School & Jamf Now
How it works:
- Deploy: Deploys the agent package and a preconfigured profile via MDM to install and/or update applications automatically.
- Compare: Compares the installed version of applications with our Patch Catalog to determine if an update is necessary prior to downloading the application’s install media.
- Validate: Validates code signatures of applications and packages on the fly prior to installation.
- Prompt: Checks for user consent. If user postpones, the install media will be cached locally and does not need to be re-downloaded.
- Update: Determines if an application is running prior to update and prompts the user to update or postpone.
- Installer Caching: Cache an application’s install media for installation later using the "cache" subcommand.
- Update Unmanaged Apps: When installing software, you can leverage the "update-only" flag to only perform an update if the application is already installed and out-of-date.
- Custom Workflows: You can easily run pre-install and post-install commands using the pre-configured options.
- Simulation Mode: Included is a handy "dry-run" option to run through the download / install / upgrade process for an application without actually installing.