Jamf Interaction Toolkit - UEX
Jamf Interaction Toolkit, commonly known as UEX, was built with a few goals in mind:
- Setup software deployments that are:
- Branded and trusted
- Consistent across the enterprise
- Notify the user when apps need to be quit or to not be opened
- Notify the user when the computer needs to be restarted
- Allow the user to postpone the action based on number of times instead of an end date
- All of this has to be compatible with Jamf Pro.
- All of this has to be work tandem with Self Service.
- Over time this tool has grown into a full set of versatile scripts that can essentially be used as your primary method for creating policies.
The UEX Toolkit supports all types of deployment needs:
- User needs to Quit an application[s] before a policy starts
- Prevent those apps from opening during the policy
- Re-open apps previously quit after the policy runs.
- Inform the user of a restart or logout before a policy starts
- Require the computer to be connected to power
- Support running other policies after the user acknowledges via a custom message trigger
- Support forceful running of Compliance Policies
- Detect if the user is in a presentation
- FileVault authenticated restarts
- Apple Software Updates
- Detection of insufficient space and workflows to create tickets